High-Level Disinfection of Large Spaces
How Does It Work?
The dense sub-micron aerosol delivers gas-like performance that offers three-dimensional (3-D) coverage and treatment in large areas, multiple connected spaces, complex geometries, long horizontal and vertical runs, and the various surfaces within these spaces, including any equipment or objects located therein.
The result is a complete coverage and treatment of all exposed surfaces within the treated space(s). Altapure delivers what it promises, a 100% elimination of C. difficile and other pathogens such as bacteria, spores, fungus such as C. auris, and viruses such as Corona viruses, reducing the risk of infections to both patients and hospital staff.
The AP-4 ™ system operates with a unique “closed loop control” of the entire treatment process, including use of one or more of Altapure’s patented HVAC vent control and cover system. These advanced features guarantee a fully validated, safe, and efficacious process.
- 50 minute patient room turn time (entry to exit)
- 100% Elimination of Spores, Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungus
- Gas-Like Interaction / 3-D Contact With Complex Surface Geometries
- Single compact unit (aerosol generator + vapor removal system)
- “Extremely thin film” deposition with sub-micron aerosol
- Complete Coverage Accuracy (no human interaction)
- Process meets EPA definition for: Hospital Disinfection / Sporicide.
- Wireless tablet control and data reporting to PC
- Automated Vent Cover System included
An independent laboratory has established that the Altapure process has a D-Value of 2.3 – 2.6 minutes (meaning a 90% elimination within only 2.3 to 2.6 minutes of treatment) for Geobacillus stearothermophilus spores. Eing G. stearothermophilus indicates a similar removal of Clostridium difficile. Altapure’s treatment process is rapid, providing room turnovers in under fifty (50) minutes (Exit to Entry) for a common patient room.
The Control Tablet displays system status including all fluid levels, and has thermal paper printer capability for cycle validation. The Control Tablet can also wirelessly connect to a PC, for data and report downloads. If lost or damaged, the Control Tablet is easy and economical to replace.
Remote operation allows the AP-4 ™ to be operated and monitored from outside of the treated space, eliminating the interaction between your staff and the high-level disinfection process.